Thursday, January 17, 2019

Current / Future Philosophy

 Current / Future Philosophy

https://www.becomingminimalist.com/happy-life/?  

So now we know, Lead a happy fulfilling life... but that is circular logic... do what is necessary for a happy contented life will yield a happy contented life.

People are much of my issue, I am happier and more contented if I limit contact. So it is to some extent, we must match our personal social need with our social involvement. A low social person such as I am should not be involved in politics, sales or any high social career. I am better off "at the controls" or as I originally started out, doing, not managing people.

When we look at some of the books written under duress: Marcus Aurelius, Victor Frankel, Boethius, etc. what do we find? These people are talking philosophy, and are mentally lost in philosophy. What a way to live; ignore reality around them and concentrate on philosophy to the point of shutting out the remainder of the world around then and concentrate on one little aspect for the duration. I experienced that degree of concentration/effort/mindfulness for periods of time studying/  computing problem solutions when I was at University, many years ago. The issues of life since then do not create such an intense process solution as did those engineering problem that required long involved processes, the answer evolved out of the process, just like squeezing a tube of toothpaste. Keep cranking and the end just came. Not so with philosophy/ethics, the goalpost just keep moving. There are no solutions.

Suppose we started with a solution, and built a philosophy on that. Analysis as much as you like, and it would come back to the starting point, built up logically, one step at a time. So if were to take something like political equality as the starting point, add a touch of reciprocity, and we could create quite an ethical system. First, we need to use something like categorical imperative process, good for one and all, what do we find? In general it seems to agrees with the main historical ethics, but not the contentious bits, like abortion, birth control, LGBT etc. But more on that next day.

 

1 comment:

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.