Monday, October 31, 2011

Primary Purpose

Back a few years ago, an old OA member suggested that we try to live the traditions. So what is my primary purpose in life now?  OA says it is to abstain from overeating and to carry the message by example. That is definitely part of it but is that all there is? I need something to keep me busy, and not cost to much, or generate a bit of revenue possibly.

At this time in my life, I have gone to semi-retirement, and am fairly busy in the summers, but winter, not so much. I do not enjoy writing enough to write a book, but I likely have the knowledge to write one, but it be a boring publication, as I am not a exciting person and worked in a small technical area, with little public interest, even though my subject area has tremendous economic impact, when things go wrong. 

Most author want to write, with there subject matter being second. I am all about the subject, not writing. The interest must, therefore, must come first. I, therefore need to select an new primary purpose.

Any ideas, comments? Please share your strength, hope and experience.

No comments: