Are we in need of a "Science Council" similar to the Star Trek concept of the Vulcan Science Council, who's decreed had the voice of law within the area of science. It could rule that time travel is not possible, which is likely true, given current knowledge. Ultimately it may not be true, but that may depend on the definition of time.
Currently time is defined in terms of the "vibration" of as caesium 133 atom, more or less at 0 K. But gravity effects the "vibration", so currently our definition of time, which is measurable, is warped near heavy space bodies. Now suppose we create a new definition that is orthogonal everywhere, we could have a deviation between measured time and orthogonal time. Now back to the science commission, which can state: "time travel, as currently understood, is not possible."
Now to the Bit part. If Bitcoin is the "coin of the realm, what is the realm called? I will call it Bit for now.
So this "Bit" Science Commission can make pronouncements like:
- God, as currently understood, does not exist as there is no evidence, but if evidence were to be found....
- Life after death, reincarnation, and similar scheme are just schemes, likely to finance belief in such things.
- 'Belief' in a god is alive and well but should be discouraged as there is no evidence of a god existing. The belief creates a delusion which can be damaging to young minds, and to some people lifelong. False belief is a drag on society and productivity everywhere.
- Those who are willing to kill each other over false beliefs should be allowed to do just that, but we need to ship them to isolated areas where they can do this. Syria or Bangladesh is suggested as such areas.
- It must be made illegal to infest new minds with false beliefs. Unless it is science, and has been approved by BSC (Bit Science Commission).
- Over-stimulation of the mind is a problem and can lead to obesity, mental illness, irrational behavior, dysfunctional behaviors and the like. We need to stop allowing over-stimulation of our individual minds.
- Consciences exists in our head only. We are each separate identities, and there is no field or level that connects people. Shared interests are the only connection, communicated through language.
- Some people are not worth knowing. I may be one of those or not.
- Half of the people have below average intelligence. We each will over estimate our own intelligence, and underestimate others.
This introduces the concept of damage from over-stimulation of our carbon based mind. Down regulation, it take more for us to notice, is not just a dopamine effect, but a effect of life in general. So with human overpopulation of this world, why should I care about other people? Well other people have value, but only so much.
Why should I care about refugees in Bangladesh? Our our natives. Or my own relatives? They were known for walking away from there sick and infirm. Native live mater to natives. Do white lives mater to natives? Do native lives matter to whites? Do our lives matter to the refugees we have taken in?