Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Life Balance

SMART have a tool -- Life Balance

In my life today, I do not have enough that I must do, to keep me out of trouble. I have spare time on my hands. It is not that I have nothing to do; rather, there is nothing that I want to do with the urgency to compel action. Such is my semi-retirement.

Lack of the sense of urgency of action is something less than boredom, and a new... well relative rare feeling to experience in such volume. It is not boredom; for boredom is lack of interest in the world; or that feeling of this same old pile of shit one more time feeling. That "same old shit" feeling, or the "here we go again", that I would get when, once again, landscaping drained water to a house with water problems, or the big trees adjacent to a foundation sucking out the water from high plastic clays. Yet that has elements of both boredom, "repetition fatigue", and lack of urgency.

On the 2x2 decision matrix, importance on the ordinate and urgency on the abscissa, it is not important and not urgent, that useless quaterent, that could be labeled "next" or "get on with life", yet there is nothing that I would like to do. This is a dangerous place. As George Eastman put it (in his suicide note), "my work here is done. The company is in good hands, and all my ideas have been explored"(or something like that).

There is many thing wrong with this world that are beyond my influence, but what can I do? Scream, beg or plead? It falls on deaf ears, on ears who do not give a damn, on the wage slaves, on the committed to a concept, even when the concept is wrong. It is difficult to convince a man of something when his paycheck depends on him not understanding a simple concept. 

One of the processes required in change, (5 stages, 10 processes), is the opportunity to vent, and these blogs provide such a place.

What do I know? Breath, smile, and enjoy what life has to offer. Dao.

No comments: