There are holes between the steps and these need to be plugged. First, we need to make a major commitment to change and correction of the issues in our lives in a positive way. I think the objective of each step must be stated somewhere also. Here is a draft of the steps of the process as I have taken. Please feel free to comment, and/or advise expansion of these to include all that is required for all to recover.
- We admitted we were powerless over foods—that our lives had become unmanageable. Indeed, our unmanageable life, may be the root cause of anxiety that we use high blood glucose and high insulin to sedate ourselves with.
- Recognized that food knowledge, food addiction, environment, maladaptive behaviors, and our physical make up all combine to both the development and recovery from this issue.
- Recognize that we require a major psychic (spiritual, emotional, behavioral) change to recover long term. Some would term this a life style change.
- Become willing to examine and understand and evaluate philosophical concepts to aid in understanding ourselves and others, adopting the useful where appropriate.
- Became willing to change in positive ways, learn some philosophy, and methods of fostering self change.
- Came to believe and to accept that we needed strengths beyond our awareness and resources to restore us to sanity or to develop sanity, character, and understanding.
- Made a decision to entrust our will and our lives to the care of the collective wisdom and resources of those who have searched before us. We have the choice, one concept at a time, to assent, reject or withhold our personal judgements. We have the same choices in adoption of those individual concepts.
- Developed a positive concept of what we would like to become, and a positive philosophy, and employ a positive psychology process. (conscious super ego)
- Some things are up to us, our responsibility's, some are not, none of our concern. Some things need to be done just for today.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to ourselves without reservation, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs. We also acknowledge our strengths, skills, assets.
- Were ready to accept help in letting go of our defects and to let go of all our defects of character or our inappropriate use of our characteristics.
- With humility and openness sought to eliminate our shortcomings. We bring out will into line with that which is about to happen, and that which is. We live in the present.
- Started to adopt and develop our new positive psychology personality while remaining without ego, arrogance yet confident. We are all equal.
- Reviewed our relationships and made a decision as to which ones we wished to salvage.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
- Sought through study, repetition and meditation to improve our spiritual awareness and our understanding of the way of life and to discover the power to carry out that way of life.
- Having had a personality change or spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Enough at this time.
And a picture just because I can:
|Just taking in a bit of sun|